Friday, November 30, 2012

Dose traveling make me a better person? (Part 2/2)

I looked her, and feel suffered for myself. I asked her to give it to me and let me help. As you probably know, we had difficulties to understand each other, what a language barrier. After body language communication, she gave me all her stuff. I almost had no experience about sewing. It was not easy work for me as well. But I manage to put two pieces into one, which was quite enough. I passed everything to her. She gave me an affable smile back. I felt something touched my heart at that moment.

What she did next was completely out of my imagination. She took out a small bag under her coat and opened carefully one layer by one layer. I was curious about what she was going to do. Then she found a necklace and gave to me. I felt so overwhelmed by an unexpected favor. I didn't know what to do at that moment. I didn't know how to explain what I felt at that moment. I insisted to not take it, and she persisted, which lasted at least 3 minutes. The next thing I did was causeless. I knew that if I took no action and that situation would continue for ever, maybe. I took out 10 RMB which equals to 1.25 euros. She waved and didn't want to take the money. I insisted, and she rejected. I guess that she also realized if she didn't take that money, we would continue for another 10 minutes or whatever. She stopped, but she took out some changes from her pocket. When I saw the changes on her hand, I started to cry. Tears dropped down nonstop. The old lady looked me and didn't know what to say. She didn't understand why I burst into crying. She took her small bag again, and found some milk candies. She passed to me with her warm smile.

She sit besides me for a while. When she was leaving, she patted my shoulder. I looked her back, wiped my tears, and started to think my traveling plan for the next day. At the end, Tibet is still so beautiful. People there are still unsophisticated, honest and friendly. I saw the superficial part and misunderstood the whole. The same things happen in our life everyday, we loss our overall conscienceness by little appearances.

The next day, I joined another two guys and rented a car to Mount Everest and Nepal, which turned out to be one of the best trip in my life.

I was telling this story to a buddha I met in Tibet. He said to me "Buddha cannot be avoided. Buddha is everywhere.Enlightenment possibilities are all over the place. Everybody you meet is a buddha or has a buddha inside yourself. So the old lady was your buddha and made you change your mind of traveling. You were her buddha, not just because of you helped her. Everybody is buddha".

Dose traveling make me a better person? Yes, I think so. And I believe so.

Next week, I am going to New Zealand. Hope I can tell you something changing me during the traveling.

No comments: