Friday, September 29, 2006

What is the meaning of marriage?

Today my old friend would get married with his girlfriend. Fortunately, they finally walk together after a more than 7 year courtship. I can not attendant their wedding, but I would wish them live happily.

Now it is sunshine outside, but I fell cold inside. I read the weather report of Wuhan where it is rainy. I wish his wedding goes well not interrupted by this unwished rain.

Marriage, is a topic to talk at our generation these 2 years. Our generation seemed to struggle with the commitment. I still remember 2 years before I took my female friend’s wedding. Their two stand before people and received their greeting. Now they divorced, and they even take their own partner to meet together to have a dinner. It seems that I am just that person who feel mild surprise.

Maybe we are all too selfish.

Morrie told us people can not get married if they do not respect each other, if they do not know how to compromise if they can not talk openly what goes on between them and if they do not have a common set of values in life. It seems we could find a lot of people who satisfy these definitions, but it still hard for us to find a partner who could get married.

Every step is like a exploration, and we would never know what will happen next. I am just sitting here to give them my best wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, it is sunshine at Wuhan. It is great!