Monday, March 10, 2008

Adventure Life in Marseille (1)

In the fridge, there are five eggs. The first spoke to the second :"Look at the fifth, she is terrible with her hair, how can she become like that?" The second spoke to the third:"Yeap, the fifth is really terrible, she has hair." The third spoke to the fourth :"Look, look, she has hair." The fifth heard, and she said:"Shut up, please, I am a Kiwi."

We do not know the following story whether this Kiwi get along well with those eggs or not. But one thing you know is that even in the nonhuman society, aliens always struggle to the others and lives for them are not easy. I am just an alien for this continent, like a lonely Kiwi around eggs.


Arriving
After waiting at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam for almost 5 hours, finally I boarded on the flight to Marseille. Fortunately the whole trip is no more than one and half hour. I never hate flight so much maybe due to the 12 hours cross Asia and Europa. It is 10:30 in the evening now, so it is 6:30 in the morning in China. I have never been to a place where there is time difference with China. I can not call my mum anytime I want since now, because it is necessary to calculate what time is in China. It is not such easy for me. you know, I am always confused by calculating.

"Bala bala bala bala balalalala...." the man besides me are trying to speak to me in a language I do not understand. But the tone sounds like he poses a question.
"I do not know."
"Sorry I did not ask you a question." the man changed into English.
"Oh, I do not know."

The man stares me curiously, and maybe he is thinking this Chinese girl is so stupid only using "I do not know" to reply. He stops trying to talk with me. It is a good news for me. I do not know what I can chat with him, you know, Chinese people are too conservative to talk with stranger freely.

I am introspecting the whole my 25 years life during the flight. Gosh, I am already 25. In China, majority of girls in my age either have already got married or would get married in no more than 2 years. However, look at me, I have never seriously thought about marriage. Since 18 years, I have left my hometown and never backed there. I like drifting. I do not know why. My mum is always worried about my future.

I clearly remeber that when I first left my hometown, I was so anxious and excited. In fact, it takes only one hour by flight from my hometown to the city of my university. After amazing 4 years, I moved to Beijing to start my first job. It was tough period of time. One and half year later, in order to escape complicate interpersonal relationship, I spend five months at Lugu lake in northern Yunnan province. Getting away from city is awesome. But I can not live in such way. I went to Hongkong to pursue my master. And now I am on the way to Marseille. I do not have any anxiety and excitement as the first time I left. I am used to drift now. But my friends said that drifting is only a form of escapism from the reality for me. I do not know whether they are correct or not. One thing for sure is true that I am the person who likes to say "I do not know." It is such a wonderful answer for almost every question, and the same time it is easy to reply and without responsibility. I do not know why people like to say they know a lot of things. Life is full of unknown, and I do not feel awkward when I say "I do not know."

Then, that's it, I, Miss "I do not know", land on the ground of Marseille.

No comments: