Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chinese - English - French - Chinese...complicate story!

I finished reading the novel which was written by a Chinese girl in English, named “the concise Chinese – English dictionary for lovers”. When I start to read it, I felt a little bit weird not just because she writes in very strange English but also ascribed to things she written in the book are not true. The more I read, the less such feeling I have. After all, it is a novel, it is about relationship and it is about living abroad. I can not demand more.

In this book, I found a lot of similar experience, like all the name of western people are so difficult to memory, the same as the name of street. When she wrote “I am bit confused whether if cinema make me less lonely or even more lonely”, I definitely have the same feeling when I went to the cinema alone. I am wondering whether because I am lonely I go to the cinema or because of the cinema I feel more lonely. But as my friends said, this is life and you would get used to all these kinds of things. It is true, after 5 months in this city, I am used to go to cinema, shopping and a lot other things myself. I lost resistance for these things. Maybe I can call them as the cost of mature or growing up.

This book also inspirs me to write something. Virtually, few weeks ago my friends here already named it “Ivy’s adventure in Marseille”. I was kidding to say “if I found my Mr right in this city, this story would be perfect with a happy ending”. In the novel, when the girl do not need dictionary to communicate, she left her lover and UK. One day, when I can write the story in French, maybe I can find my lover.

I am not sure I can really write all the things in English even in French, anyway I would try.