Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Lessons from The Apprentice (2)

Although I have no intention at all to get a sales job, I learned from this show that everybody is a sales when you are doing your job hunting. Everybody need to sale yourself to your future employers.

I always think of myself as non-sociable person. But that is not mean I am timid, introvert, and anti-social. Oppositely, I am extrovert, and love to spend time with people, but people I like. That is the point, only people I like. I don't like to spend time to talk bullshit with strangers, and cannot tolerant even one single minute of chit chat with people I don't like. Those people who are really sociable can do these, and can enjoy everything they are talking about. I don't have this talent.

But as in The Apprentice, even you don't like them, you must socialize with them. Some of them are good at in the disadvantage of you, and they can help you and let you focus on your own strengths. Socializing will build friendship not enemyship.

Maybe I am just too naive, and not sophisticate enough to socialize.

No comments: