Saturday, June 12, 2010

Notes of world cup 2010..day 1

Every four years, all football fans around world have a one month excuse to have a lots of beer, get drunk, tons of parties, etc, yeap, this is world cup time.

World cup becomes a mark to help me memory those things happened in every four years.

The first world cup in my memory was 1990's one in Italy. However, I was too young to truly understand what was going on. The real memory and let me into football spectator is 94's in USA.

Those scenes that Bebeto rocked an imaginary baby on his arms, Baggio was standing in front of net lonely and sadly, blondie amazing Caniggia...I still remember that morning, when Brazil won the cup, those papers flying in the stadium, I was shocked.

98's, as a highschool teenage, when every girl talk about Beckham and Owen, I sniffed to those what I thought "stupid" girls, and thought about I am the only one who really know what football is and they even cannot call the majority of player's name. What a childish idea!!! In fact, I was just one of those "stupid" girls, and my teenager lover was Raul, whose name I finally pronounced correctly till last year. Football is nothing special, and what is important is the joy from it. I finally understand it later.

This world cup was the first one I followed up almost all matches. I cried for Spain in the group qualification, I cheered up by Holland into the semi final, and I still cannot believe Zidane goaled using his head...and eight years later, he used the same head hit someone else instead of ball.

Talking about 2002, let's wait till tomorrow. And see what happened yesterday during this year's world cup, the first day.

In history, host team generally could play incredibly. If it was not in South African, just a normal friendly international match, I guess few people gonna bet South African can win. But, but, so we were not surprisely to see a drawn. As the first time in the final stages of world cup, South African did well in the first match.

On the other hand, previous champion France played really not well. They don't have good attackers, even in the first half, they had a lots of chance and really controlled the game. But that was nonsense, if at the end, everything cannot become a real goal. 0:0 for two teams is not that bad result.

This group will become interesting. Who will qualify from it? Let's see.

No comments: