Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Notes of world cup 2010..day 4.. chicken chest

There is an old Chinese saying: Chicken chest, no taste, but it is shameful to throw it away. A similar way in English is "used book for sale bin". Now some matches for me are like that for me.

As I mentioned before I fell in asleep after the 20m of Argentina's first match. But I would feel sorry if I even didn't try to see that one. Isn't it like chicken chest?

I never like the way Italian plays, but they always keep winning. How could I abandon matches with them? But I always feel regret after the whistle of referees. But yesterday I still went to a small restaurant with close friends. It turned out not that bad.

Buffon sucked. When everybody still talked about how difficult for goalkeeper to catch the roundest football. He even didn't try to touch the ball, and he turned in one side with his torsion head and just saw the ball passing him by. He told everybody he broke his waist. Wasn't it an excuse?

At the last 10m of the match, camera focused on one guy in the stadium, who was the fan of Paraguay. He was standing with closed two hands and prayed sincerely. My friends who are Colombian told me that what this guy was doing is very latin american. They pray for everything. And later one of the players from Paraguay kissed the football before he kicked the corner. I was wondering whether this is the same meaning when De Rossi goaled, the first thing he did was running to Gatusso and Gatusso kissed him.

Thanks to technology, I had part of Holland's match from my cellphone. I guess 20 years before people even think about it one day they could have portable tv. Holland used to be my favorite team. They played pretty and they behaviour elegant. In some moment everybody think they should win champion but they won everybody's respect but no champion. Holland is like an untitled champion, which put more pathos on them. As an emotional girl, how couldn't I love this team?

But after amazing warming up before the world cup, yesterday I saw the worst Holland team in my life. That orange team is not anymore the one in my memory. When 35 years old player Van Bronckhorst brought the ball from their own part to Denmark's one, no other players from Holland could take the ball he passed. I just felt sad for this untitled champion team.

In 2006, the day when Holland was playing against Argentina, the other two in their was playing as well. At the end, Holland qualified with a tie in that match. It was not exciting match. But I did remember I felt like I wanna drink some beer. I should mention I never drink. I have a rare existing allergy to alcohol. However, crazy girl like me does have some moment to just fxxx up herself. I clear remember I was with other three friends in another city. I ordered a bottle of Henigen. Of course no more than half of the bottle, I vomited and my face was swollen up like a pig. Shameful story..but when I talk it now, I have smile on my face.

Japan won their first world cup match outside Japan. Etoo cannot do anything if he was alone. Last year Etoo rewarded watched to all his national team colleges. Does he feel regret to throw those money for nothing now?

World cup is amazing. I hope there is no match like chicken chest for me anymore.

When I write these things above, New Zealand got the drawn. And tonight the most mystery Asian team...north Korea will show up. I cannot wait to see.

No comments: